Questions and Answers
Im 5ft 9 , 9 stone 13 , and im 15 ive been ating roughly 1700 calroies a day for 3 months and ive gone from 12 stone to my current weight I've lost a lot of fat but still need to loose some but its mainly on my stomach thighs and hips , so once I've lost a bit of weight how many calories do i need to build muscle i go to the gym 4-5 times a week and i do a 45min paper round up hill on my bike so how many calories would i need to build muscle , and how quickly do i increase it?
To gain weight (muscle,, some of it will b fat but most of it will be muscle,, it's impossible to gain muscle without gaining a little bit of fat,) you will need to eat about 2750 calories a day to gain 1lb a week.
Hello, I'm 5'5'', 128lbs. I want to gain some muscle. I workout 7days a week. Does anyone know how much calories I need to take on a daily basis to gain muscle?
You want to gain muscle… I'll just give you advice on that since there is no answer to your initial question…
1. Safety (be safe)
2. Take in more Calories than you burn (for weight gain (most will be muscle if you do the correct exercises))
3. Don't work out 7 days a week. You may think lifting more weight and working out more often would lead to more muscle but it doesn't. You need to take days off for your body to properly heal so that it rebuilds itself. I'd suggest working out 5 days a week at most.
4. Have a diet comprised of about 40% carbs, 35% protein, 25% fat and eat more complex carbohydrates (not white bread and processed foods)
5. Get a workout buddy and look online for muscle building exercises/plans. Don't believe anything that tells you you'll gain this much weight or you'll be able to do this, etc. Just make your muscles sore from appropriate exercises and learn as you go.
6. Do not buy sports supplements. They plain and simple are not to be trusted (with respect to your money and health)
So right now im 135 pounds, 17 years old and working out. I eat 2800 calories a day. Is this enough to gain muscle or should i eat more. If I need to eat more, about how much calories should i be eating.
Calories are a unit of energy and fat is stored energy which can be "burned" (metabolized) to create heat and fuel for your body. Protein is the essence of muscle and other body tissues so people who are concerned with building muscle are also concerned with protein. However, fat is not about building muscle and does nothing to contribute to or detract from muscle building in a normal person under normal circumstances. Therefor, few people are concerned with how many calories they eat to build muscle. Instead they are concerned with how many grams of protein they consume.
You can build muscle while turning into a behemoth fatty or while shredding yourself on a low cal diet. What will make the difference is how much protein you are providing yourself in the form of essential amino acids. You, for example, should make sure you get about 60-100 gms of protein daily…about 2-3 chicken breasts worth. And you should get it from dairy, meat, and other natural foods and not some refined supplement.
So, the answer to your question is, it doesn't matter how many calories you consume as long as it's enough to provide the protein your body requires and that depends on what you eat…not some arbitrary, random, or magic number of calories.
Good luck and good health!!